Monday, April 4, 2011

Reenie got MARRIED!!


One of the biggest events in the past few months while I have disappeared from blog-land was that my beautiful little sister got married!  It was such a wonderful experience!  I was overjoyed to be there with her! 

T - 1 Day
The original plan was for Reenie and Caleb to fly in on Wed night, have all Thurs to prepare for the wedding, and then Friday morning they'd get hitched.  Well, weather conditions changed their flight plans, so they didn't get in until the afternoon before their wedding.  Reenie still had to get her nails done and find a piece of jewelry.  So, I was able to go with her to take care of her errands :) while dear Shelisa watched the hurricane (my kids) for me.  We had a lot of fun giggling and chatting while we got pampered.  When we got back we were able to meet and have a nice meal with Caleb's family.  (For any who are wondering, Reenie totally scored BIG with choosing a good husband!  He's perfect for her!)

T - 12 hours
Reenie's roomates came down Thursday evening, and I decided we HAD to have some fun as we sent Reenie off into married life, so I threw her a little bachelorette party at my house.  The sisters, the roomates, and even mom, Aunt Carolyn, and Grandma Marilyn came over for drinks (pina coladas and strawberry daiquiris - nonalcoholic, of course - hee hee).  And some of the girls painted their nails.  So much fun - it was wonderful!  Lots of giggling!

The big DAY!
Reenie and Caleb were getting married at 10am in the Gila Valley temple in Thatcher.  To get there by 9:30 meant we all had to leave nice and early.  Somehow we made it in time.  There was babysitting at the church next to the temple while John and I got to attend the ceremony.  I sat behind Caleb, and I could only see Reenie's little eye over his shoulder, but I tell ya, the expression in her eye - so in love, it was adorable/beautiful/touching!  I was so happy to be there, and I made it through with only a tear or two.  So happy and proud of my little sister!

Then we had a delicious lunch at the church next to the temple.  Lots of fun mingling.  Unfortunately the kids were all sick and feverish.  If it had been any other event I would have quarantined them, but I refused to miss my sister's wedding....so sorry to anyone they got sick!!

Pictures were after lunch - and how I wish I could post more pictures on this blasted blog!!!  They turned out beautiful!  Then we rushed home, dinner at my parent's house and then the reception at the stake center.  My mom did a BEAUTIFUL job transforming the gym into a beautiful reception hall.  Reenie and Caleb just looked so happy!  After the reception they left for a mini-honeymoon.  They had school the next week, so the extended honeymoon will be this summer.

What a wonderful experience!!!  Just perfect!

No comments: