Monday, January 3, 2011

Cory's baptism


I was fortunate enough to experience one of those "proud mama" moments this weekend. 

:)

Cory was baptized on Jan 1, 2011. 

Here John and three of our boys are right before the baptism.  I wish Logan had been awake to be in the picture too. 




Look at those two glowing boys!  I guess it was one of those "proud wife" moments too.  So very happy that Cory chose to be baptized, and that my handsome husband could be the one to do it. 




We were a little nervous about Cory getting baptized because of his fear of the water, coupled with the fear of the unknown and the fear of being watched by people.  He told me he wanted to do the right thing, he was just scared.  So, we practiced and practiced and practiced.  We even went down to the font a few days before to familiarize him with the room. 



We said many prayers together asking Heavenly Father to give him peace so he wouldn't be scared.  As always, Heavenly Father came through for us.  Cory was just beaming once he got to the church.  He wasn't scared, just happy and excited.  He went through the baptism beautifully. 



Because of how the chairs were set up, he couldn't go in through the men's dressing room, he had to go in through the women's (which is different from what we had practiced), and we almost lost him, but he was able to do it.  I think we all breathed a little sigh of relief...and then beamed with pride.  :) 




After the baptism Cory went in the dressing room with his Daddy to get changed.  Later John told me Cory kept saying "I feel so happy.  I just feel so good.  DON'T LOOK AT ME!  I just feel so happy"  ha ha ha 



After the baptism we went to my parent's house to have a little open house in Cory's honor.  We originally chose to invite only immediate family to the baptism because we knew the situation was going to be difficult for Cory, and the more people watching him, the more stress there would be.  The day before the big day, Cory asked if his friend Hannah could be there, which I thought was sweet.

...so, if you didn't get an invte, please understand it's not because we didn't want you there, we were just trying to help our little dude get into that water.



Then of course we had to get some family shots. 






What a super-happy day!


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Congrats to Cory! I am so happy and proud of him. You got some really cute (ah hem TOUGH) pictures of him. Love love love your blog.