Monday, January 3, 2011

California!


The Goates family had a fun trip to CA over the Christmas break.  My parents, all my siblings along with their spouses/fiances/children came.  The only one missing was John.  *sad face*  He couldn't come because of work.  Here we all are at the hotel.


We had a heck of a time getting out there.  We were hoping to break up the 8-hour drive by  leaving Christmas Eve to stay with my brother in Casa Grande, and then head to CA the next day.  Unfortunately Bryson, Dallin, and myself ended up with strep right before the trip, so we stayed back and left Christmas morning, after antibiotics were fully in our systems.  My sister Shelisa was so sweet and stayed behind with me to help me in the car.  I don't think I could've gone if she hadn't helped me.  Thanks, Isha!

We got to my Grandma's house Christmas evening in time to have dinner with her.  My aunt Carolyn was there too.  What a wonderful crew.  Then we went back to the hotel to have a suprise b-day party for Carolyn.  So fun. 

The next day we went to church with my Grandpa.  Cory had a hard time with the change so he spent most of the time at church in the halls with aunt Carolyn. 




Then off to my Grandpa's house.  He read "The Funny Thing" to his great-grandchildren.  Cory and Bryson were totally into it.  His parents read this book to him, and I remember him reading it to me as a kid, and now my kids got it too.  Such a fabulous Goates tradition.




We had fun exchanging gifts, and the babies had fun playing with the wrapping.  Here's my neice Kali attacking an empty package someone had disgarded.  One man's trash is another man's treasure.


Here's Reenie's fiance dancing with Banana.  He's a ballroom dancer, so the women in the family were eager to take their turn dancing with him.  :)



Logan being adorable.

Sorry, Shelisa, had to put this one up.  We were all so tired.



Kali and Logan attempting to share.  They actually did pretty good for how young they are.



In the hotel the next morning, all ready to go out and have a super day at the Aquarium.  (Cory got to have a sleepover with Caleb in his room)



Touching sting rays!


This looks like something out of a nightmare.  These lobsters were freaky.  So very big.



Cory observing the Jelly fish!

Reenie, Caleb, and Bryson touching a shark!


Nanny and Logan looking at the fish swim by.  So cute.


Logan was quite intrigued.



Logan loves his Nanny Goates.  I love this picture, what a hug!


Afterward, lunch at Chili's.  Here's our table.  Aunt Carolyn, Cory and Bryson.



...and Logan too, though he didn't contribute much to the conversation.


It took three tables to fit us all.


What fun. 


After the Aquarium we headed to the beach.  We arrived just before sunset.  A little cool, but BEAUTIFUL.  Cory fell in almost immediately.  Poor kid was soaking wet, but they had SO MUCH FUN. 


Love this picture.




Dallin wasn't interested in the water, only the "giant sand box".  He spent his time looking for treasure.  He was a bit disappointed when we had to leave and he hadn't found any yet.


Caleb found a little crab.


Nanny helped Logan have some ocean-time.  Here's the proof.



Logan being crazy on the way back to AZ.  What a little nut.  He didn't like the car ride home.  Thank goodness I had Shelisa with me again to help me keep my sanity.

What a fun trip.  Lots of neat memories.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Super cute. That is an amazing aquarium...I think I have pics from when we went. Poor Aiyana was terrified of the rubber sea creatures they had there for the kids to play with. Of course Chandler wasn't helping! I love the beach pictures. You got some really terrific shots.