Monday, May 10, 2010

I think it's good news...

I had my 38 week OB appointment today. This was the first appointment that I've brought Dallin to, I thought it would be fun for him to hear the heartbeat. Well, I totally forgot that Dr. Kacenga checks for dialation at 38 weeks - whoops! Dallin was busy playing with his trains, so I don't think he had a clue what was going on. :)

Anyways, I am dialated to a 2, and 50% effaced.

The reason I'm not sure if this is good news or not is because I was dialated to a 3 at 37 weeks with Dallin, and still went a week and a half overdue. I have had so much false labor with all of my previous pregnancies, but hardly any with this one, so I'm glad to see that I'm making SOME progress, but I just feel uneasy going into this with hardly any contractions. I guess it's just different, and that's what worries me.


I've survived the last three just fine, and I'd rather not have any suprises with this one, thank you very much.

As for weight gain, sitting at 173lbs, which puts me at an even 50lbs for the pregnancy, and no weight gain in the last week.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Don't worry you are going to do GREAT. You know if you think about it, the fact that your dilation and effacement are coming along just fine could be taken as a great sign especially since you aren't haveing any false labor. You can look at is as maybe your labor will be nice and easy. Positive thinking....though I didn't do much of it when I was 39 weeks, so I don't blame you if you roll your eyes *smile*. My hopes and prayers are with you and your family. Good luck. Wishing you the best birth possible.