Monday, May 24, 2010

40 weeks and three days

Well, yes, still pregnant. I had my doc appointment today. Here are my stats:

Heart beat 147
Weight: Holding steady at 176lbs (none from the previous week, and 53 total)
Dialation: holding steady at 2.5, same as last week, and up from 2 over two weeks ago.

I have an NST scheduled for Thursday. They keep throwing around the word "induction", which is crap, I mean, I'm totally miserable, but come on! I'm only a few DAYS overdue! The lady I saw today said we need to get the baby out soon because my others were so big but HELLOO, I had NO problems with those deliveries. My last one was an hour and a half, and I didn't even tear! Pretty much a dream delivery, even if he was a little big (and heck, he wasn't even THAT big) Previous experience has shown that my body handles these babies just fine, so let them cook as long as they want. Seriously, he's got three older brothers, I'd be scared to come out too small too!

So, that is the preggy update, for all those who are curious. Kind of frustrating since I've had a pretty painful weekend, and did nothing, but want to wait, but the docs don't want me to. Plus I'm fighting off a bad cold I've had for like two weeks now. And today it got worse and I'm starting to loose my voice again. ughh. But...this too shall pass, and it makes the big day all the more worth it.

2 comments:

Owner said...

Hang in there! Fingers crossed for whenever the little man decides to appear, hopefully tonight so that you can come to the surprise party on Saturday and show him off. Ha, how selfish am I!!! Seriously, if you need anything, let me know.

Laura said...

Oh my... good luck! I so admire and respect you! Hang in there... sooner or later it will be over.