Friday, May 14, 2010

39 weeks

As of today, one week until my due date. Yay!!!


Ha ha, no wonder I'm starting to feel uncomfortable....look at how cramped things are in there!
CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU, LITTLE DUDE!!!!!

(be nice to your mommy on your way out)
My add-on: Didn't think it was worth a seperate post, so I'll just add on to this one. I had my 39 week appointment today. Actually, technically I'm due in 3 days, so I'm a tad over 39 weeks. I'm only dialated to a 2.5. The Doc wanted to schedule an induction for Monday or Tuesday, only 3-4 days past my due date...sheesh! I mean, I'm miserable, but that is SOOOO not medically necessary. Why add unecessary medical risk, right??? So, I voiced my opinion and he scheduled me to see him next week and then we'll talk about the possibility of an induction. Blah.
The baby dropped over the weekend, and I was all excited that things were happening, but alas, I guess not. It was weird, though, I've never FELT the baby drop before. I've always just been told I suddenly looked lower. But on Saturday I felt a lot of pressure and discomfort, and then a few twinges of sharp pain. It was so sharp that I even yelped a few times when it caught me off guard. I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on. I went and laid down for a while, and couldn't shake the feeling. When I woke up and walked around a bit, and it still hadn't gone away, it clicked. Oooooh, the baby was descending! I felt a lot of pressure for the rest of the afternoon and into the night. When I woke up I could visibly see the difference. I look down and it's just not the same belly, and from the side I can see how much lower things have gotten. Supposedly the "dropping" in subsequent pregnancies doesn't happen until the onset of labor, but not for me apparently. Ah well, it's progress, I'll take it. As I become increasingly uncomfortable, I'm reminded that the more miserable I am, the closer I am to holding my little newborn. So, bring it!! (but make it fast.)

No comments: