Friday, December 4, 2009

Officially pregnant!


I never feel officially pregnant until I hear the baby's heartbeat. I guess I have a fear that the pregnancy is in my head and I'm making myself fat or something...I dunno...but either way, I was able to confirm the pregnancy to myself today. And yes, definately prego.

I have never recorded the stats on my pregnancies, and now I wish I had, so I'm going to with this one. Better late than never, right?

I was supposed to have this appointment over a month ago, but had to cancel not once, but TWICE due to the stomach flu (first Bryson, then myself). They weren't able to schedule me for another month, and so I have tried to wait patiently for the month to pass so I could FINALLY hear the heartbeat.

This little child was quite active, and we never could hear how fast the heart rate was. He/she kept flipping, wiggling, and kicking. We tried twice during the appointment to get the rate, but had to give up after several minutes. At least we know it's alive and well in there!

I have gained ten pounds so far (I'm 16 weeks), so that sounds about right for me, since I tend to gain massive amounts of weight per pregnancy.

I really liked the lady I saw in the office. She's worked there for a while, but I've only met with her once in the past three pregnancies. I've heard that OB's are REALLY pushing, even insisting on the H1N1 flu vaccine, and even in this office I've heard complaints of that, but the Nurse Practitioner I saw didn't put any pressure on me, and after I told her I didn't want it she told me she had never gotten a flu vaccine in her life, even after the army was threatening her if she didn't.

So, all in all, a good visit. Next appointment will be in a month, and I will get to schedule my ultrasound at that point. Yah!

No comments: