Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Emotional Rollercoasters - over nothing!

So, ladies, tell me, am I loosing my mind? I think I must have had a new batch of pregnancy hormones today or something! I've been seriously grouchy all day, just everything has tested my patience.


Tonight, to help myself feel better, I cuddle with John. He's wonderful and even makes me laugh. I've been recovering from a chest cold, and as I was laughing, I realized that I sounded like a dirty old man, all wheezy. It makes me laugh more. So, I'm laughing uncontrolably and then I get the sudden urge to bawl. Trying to hold back the tears, and still laughing hysterically, John notices the shift and asks me, "Are you gonna cry?" And I BURST into to tears. He's trying desperately to hold back the laughter (like a good husband should), and I'm just trying to figure out if I'm laughing or crying.


Finally, I am able to control myself. I take a minute to wipe the tears, blow my nose, etc. and I can't help but give a little giggle about what just happened, but I start laughing like a dirty old man again, and the whole process starts AGAIN!!! Poor John didn't have a clue what to do. He just held me. As I was recovering from my second episode I burst into tears for a third time. Yes, that's right, a THIRD time. My wonderful husband just held me again, and only laughed a little. After I had FINALLY got myself put back together he had a few comments like, "Wow, that's the biggest mood swing I've ever seen you have." and "I've heard of that happening before, but I've never actually seen it." and "I'm sorry, I thought I was cheering you up." ha ha ha, the poor guy.


Anyways, I am feeling much better now (not that I even felt that bad to begin with!) I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who's done this??? ah, now I'm going to get some chocolate.

1 comment:

Owner said...

Oh man, I don't even have to be pregnant to be on an emotional rollercoaster, so I feel you there! Gotta love hormones.