Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cory turns 7



Yesterday, my "baby" turned 7! It's so hard to believe THAT much time has passed, but apparently it has. I am so blessed to have Cory as my boy, he has taught me so so so so much, and I love him!




If anyone asked him what he wanted for his birthday or for Christmas, he would answer "Transformers!" without hesitation, so that's what Daddy and I got him. I don't think he actually expected to get them. The look on his face when he saw his transformer was PRICELESS! We got him Megatron and Stratosphere. He was one happy camper!!!
Unfortunately he was sick on his birthday. He caught a cold, and had that tangled up with a good asthma attack. He spent half his birthday doing this:


We had to cancel his friend coming over for the afternoon to make cookies because he was coughing and had a low-grade fever, but we decided to still hold his family b-day party in the evening at Nanny and Grampa's house.







The boys had fun having aunt Isha and Reenie here.




Nanny Goates made her yummy potato cheese soup with some awesome rolls. Cory wasn't really up to eating much, so he hung out on the couch with Aunt Reenie for most of the evening.





Here's their house all decked out in Christmas/Birthday decorations. We had Nana and Grandpa Tilton over for the special occasion, and Jacob came too.





My awesome Dado:





Because Cory's asthma was flaring up, we couldn't light the candles on his cake, but we put the candles in and let him take them out and lick them. That's the fun part anyway, right?






Here's a few pics of Dallin and Cory the day before Cory's b-day. They're all ready for church. They've got the sweetest relationship. Cory puts up with so much from Dallin, and Dallin completely idolizes his big brother.












Dallin looks like he's scheming in this one. ha ha ha






"Cheese" and bunny ears, too bad they didn't come out in the pic!



And here's my baby bump. Not too big yet, but growing every day...a lot. It actually aches because I can feel it stretching every day, and I can literally see a notable difference every day this past week. On Monday I had a monster appetite that just wouldn't quit until I'd eaten anything and everything, and the next morning I literally fell forward climbing out of bed because the weight had re-distributed over night. John just laughed!







Oh, and this is just the beginning. The remarkable thing is that I haven't gained any more weight, despite the growth, I'm holding steady at a 10lb weight gain for the pregnancy so far.




Also, we found out some good news at a doc appointment today, the nodules they found on my thryroid about six months ago haven't grown, which means they are most likely nothing to be concerned about. AND for the first time since this whole mess started, my thyroid levels are right where they should be. I feel so much better, ahhh!

2 comments:

Owner said...

Happy birthday, Cory!! Sorry he was sick on it though, poor guy!

The Solomon Fam said...

Your boys are so cute! Happy Birthday Cory! I hope he is feeling better. And I am so excited to hear what you are having. Tell your family hello and have a Merry Christmas!