Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas!





Christmas was a LOT of fun at our house. First, a few days before we got snow, to get us all in the winter mood. My sisters were in town, and since my parents had nice level grass, as opposed to our gravel and arizona weeds, we headed over to my parent's house to play in the snow. I wasn't sure if I should let them, seeing as they were all sick/getting sick, but I figured, snow only comes about once a year, so heck with it, I'm lettin' em play!





As soon as Cory got to their house, he dropped on the grass and made this snow angel. I didn't even know he knew about snow angels!















Nanny and Bryson went to work on a snow-goat: my mom's tradition. They both had fun working away at it.














My mom initiated a snow-ball fight with her grandsons. Here's Dallin trying really hard to be one of the big boys and keep up with everything!
















My mom and the boys and the snow-goat (which looks remarkably similar to a snowman)




On Christmas Eve, we had dinner over at my parents house. We were all sick at this point. We not only had colds, but the stomach flu too. Dallin ended up throwing up at the dinner table on Christmas Eve. Very appetizing. But the enchaladas my mom made were so good, everyone just kept on eating!




After dinner, we all hurried back to my place. My mom and dad gave the boys bunk beds for their Christmas presant! My dad and John spent the afternoon assembling it while the kids were out of the house. My parents and sisters got there a few minutes before we did and hid in their room, when the walked in, they got to see the bunk beds AND everyone hiding! It was awesome!






And now that Bryson has a full-grown twin size bed, Dallin has been promoted out of the crib and into a toddler bed! Hooray for Dallin! You're a big boy now! (And he's only fallen out of it once so far!)


















The kiddos all tucked away Christmas Eve. Ahh, I love it!













Happy boys in their bunk beds. These beds now having matching quilts on top, hand made by my mother-in-law! I know I know, these kids are so lucky to be soooo loved!






Looks like Santa has been here - all the cookies are gone!










Bryson REALLY wanted a Christmas tree in his bedroom this year, so here's his little tree, with the empty cookie plate under.















I didn't take pictures of opening presants, only videos, but be assured that they were thoroughly spoiled and had a lot of fun.




After presant opening, we had a seriously yummy breakfast! John made an AWESOME omlette, alongside danishes and egg nog. I think I gained about 20 lbs from this meal alone, but it was soo soo soo worth it!










Christmas breakfast!












Me making a complete pig of myself, and enjoying it!





....and Cory's eye.




We had originally planned on heading over to my in-laws house mid-afternoon for Christmas dinner, but after "the incident" the night before, we decided to stay home. Instead, they brought Christmas dinner to us, complete with a pie sampler of all the different pies. MMM mmm mmm. Thank goodness I wasn't the one with the stomach flu! (oh dear, did I just say that!?!?) My parents and sisters came by during the day too. It was actually a nice change of pace to be able to stay at home all day.


No comments: