Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Here we go again...

John has been working out of town in Morenci (near Safford, about 2 1/2 hours away) on and off for the past month. We just found out yesterday that it looks like he'll be there for the next several months. He's got 1,000 water meters to put in, and he's gotten 30 done in the past two days (which is more than they were anticipating), so it'll be about six months that he'll be gone. Luckily he'll be home for most weekends, so that is a huge relief. He was gone for about 4 months last year, so I know what I'm getting into. However, last time he left when Dallin was only 3 days old, and during that time Bryson had his leg injury, so I had one infant and one kid that couldn't walk. This time around Cory will be in school, and Dallin is a lot older (a year next month!!), and I'm assuming there won't be any major accidents - knock on wood - so I figure that it'll be quite a bit easier. I am so thankful that he has steady work, he has survived several rounds of layoffs and we are proud of him! We'll miss him bunches and bunches.

We've got the countdown going until Cory starts school. Can't believe he starts next Tuesday!!! I went school shopping for him a couple of days ago, and that was way fun. I'm excited for him to have this experience, and hope that it's a good one. He's had such a hard time adjusting to primary at church, and they have finally had to assign him a teacher for just him. I hope that he does ok!!! Is he really 5 already?? We've got an appointment scheduled with a developmental therapist coming up, so we'll see what happens there...

We got to go swimming today. We've all got interesting designs on our backs and shoulders from me not rubbing the sunscreen in right!

We've had a couple of funny comments from the boys, and I wanted to get them in writing so I can remember them.

"Daddy, you're getting old. Soon we're going to have to buy a new one." - Bryson (Daddy, age 25)
"Mama, sometimes when you tell me things, it makes my brain hurt." - Cory

Thanks, guys! You gotta love the way their minds think.

1 comment:

The Solomon Fam said...

That's so hard having him gone so much. Especially when you have 3 little boys that need Daddy to wrestle with. I hope the time goes by quickly. And I can't believe Cory is starting school. I can't wait to hear how it goes. Michael still has a year but I'm already nervous about it.