Friday, August 6, 2010

Back to School 2010

It's ba-ack!
School-time, that is! Cory is in 2nd grade this year. That's right. Second grade. Blows my mind. He's done WONDERFUL this year. The transition back to school has gone very smoothly. It helps that he's got the same teacher and classroom and mostly the same students that he had last year. He was a tad hesitant going into the classroom, but once we got him in, we were all home free. I am so proud of him. He's grown up SO MUCH since he started school just a few short years ago.

Bryson is now in first grade. Once again, blows my mind. He didn't get the teacher I wanted him to get. I've seen his teacher around school quite a bit, and she always seemed frustrated with her students. I wasn't going to tell Bryson this, I just told him that in 1st grade it's even more important to do what the teacher tells you to do. Well, when Cory heard which teacher Bryson had, he said "Oh no, that's the teacher that yells a lot." (Thanks, Cory) So, Bryson spent half the day being scared to go to school, crying that his teacher was going to yell at him. Then he spent the rest of the day trying to be extra good and helpful. Every time he would do something especially sweet he'd say, "My teacher will like it when I do that, and then she won't yell at me." So sad. When we met his teacher the night before school started he told her, "I don't like being yelled at." Yeah, you tell her, kid. So far she has been very nice. I hope it lasts and she can see how truly special my kid is. (Yes, I know, I'm totally a biased party, but HE IS!)
He was so funny, he HAD to wear his sungasses to school. ha ha, cute boy.
Poor little Dallin was left behind again. At least this time he's got his baby brother too.
We've had a lot of fun with the older boys gone. He's gotten to make cookies with me, ride a back hoe with daddy, and we did a little photo shoot after he helped me with yard work.
I love his little mohalk. :)
What a little sweetheart.

To see how much they've grown since last year, click here.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I totally hear you about mean teachers. Chandler has a real doozy this year. He is in first grade too and his teacher is not only mean, but biased too. We didn't know this until later but he has already pegged poor chandler as the problem child because Aiyana was a "problem" in first grade. So she is carding him (their form of disipline) like crazy. He keeps having to miss recess and everything. Saddest thing is...he is my best kid! Aiyana is doing great though! Love all of your pics and hope that wee one is doing well.