Monday, August 10, 2009

Back to School


Please forgive my pictures, I had to get the kids to the bus stop by 7:20, so there simply was not enough time to take good ones. We literally almost missed the bus taking the pics we got!






Today wasn't technically the first day of school, but sadly, Bryson ended up with strep throat on the first day, and Cory and Bryson were both sick on the second day. Not exactly the liberating week I had pictured, but today they were able to make it to school, thanks to a wonder drug called amoxocillin.




Everyone in their backpacks.



Brothers going to school! Cory into 1st grade, and Bryson into Kindergarten!!!




Big boy Bryson, the kindergartener!



Getting on the bus! Bryson's climbing in, and Cory's right behind him. While in the car, Cory told Bryson, "Don't worry, I'll show you where everything is at school." Bryson couldn't have a better big brother.


And here's poor Dallin wishing he could get on the bus. Give it a few years, bud, it'll happen. I allowed Dallin to wear a backpack too, so he could feel like a big boy.


Cory and Bryson rode the bus, and I drove, and when I got to the school, I couldn't find them. I looked and looked. By the time I found them, Cory had already gotten Bryson to his class, and he was waiting in line for his own class. What a big brother!
Here's Bryson being lead by his teacher in front of the line (in the yellow). His first day in class, and he gets to be the line leader! Cool!










So proud!



Also, I have to tell my triumphant story of Cory's first day of 1st grade!
First of all, let's refresh. Here is the whole story, but the short version is: Last year, I got a call half way through the day saying that I needed to come to the school. Cory was just too overwhelmed to function. I literally saw him run, screaming down the hall being chased by three teachers. For the next several months I routinely picked him up after lunch.
This year, he found his class all by himself, and when I got there he was waiting in line, very happy to be a first grader. He went in without a fuss, and I didn't get any calls from the school. :)!! When I asked him how he did at school he said "I fussed a little at school and a lot on the bus." Well, considering what happened last year, I'd consider that a HUGE success. I am eager to talk to his teacher (who I really like!!) and hear the "real" report. I am so proud of him!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

YAY CORY! That is awesome! I am so proud of him! I hope he has a great teacher! It makes such a big difference? How is he liking school so far?