Tuesday, April 13, 2010

OWIE!!!!

John has chronic back pain from having a bone spur on his spine and a vertebrae that's 1/3 bigger on one side than it is on the other, but the last two months have been worse than they've ever been. We got some answers not too long ago, and thought I'd post about it.

His back has been in spasm, which has been pulling on his discs, causing slipped discs in his lower back. My macho husband went six weeks of pretty serious pain before he was willing to go in. He is now on muscle relaxants, an anti-inflamatory, and pain meds (which he's only taken once, but didn't like how they made him feel, so he's not taking them anymore.) He's also got a referral to a physical therapist. We're still waiting for the insurance company to approve the referral, and then hopefully we'll get some help. Despite the discomfort, he still goes to work every day, school most nights, and picks up so much of the slack around the house! I love my hard-working, non-complaining, determined husband. He's wonderful.

Anyways, since this has had a fairly decent impact on our lives the past few weeks, thought I'd blog about it. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for my man!

1 comment:

Owner said...

Ouch! Poor guy, I hope he starts feeling better really soon!