Thursday, March 4, 2010

Daddy's 27th birthday


John's birthday was on Feb 22nd. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures of the event, and I'm totally kicking myself for it now. I got so into the prep for the big event, that I didn't take the time to snap a few shots...grrr



I spent the whole morning cleaning while John was at work. Because of the amount of work that needed to be done, I attempted to skip my nap for the day. (BIG MISTAKE). When the kids got home from school I just couldn't move another step without a nap, so I did what any good mother would do...I bribed my children. :) I told them that if they let mommy take a nap, I would let them help blow up balloons for Daddy's birthday.



Well, about an hour and a half of blissfull sleep later, I woke up feeling very proud that my bribe had worked so well. The kids had been quiet as mice the entire time. I walked out of my room, feeling rested and ready to get back to work, and I realized:




THE KIDS HAD GLUED STRIPS OF PAPER TO THE WALLS, THE FURNITURE, THE PICTURES WE HAVE HANGING AROUND THE ROOM, THE WINDOWS, THE DOORS, ETC!




They were so excited that they had not only been quiet, but they had done the decorating for daddy themselves. A lot of work, and even more LOVE had gone into these decorations. (Yeah, totally kicking myself for not taking pictures!!!!!!)

When I asked them why they didn't use tape, Cory told me that they couldn't reach it (it was on top of the fridge) and they didn't want to wake me up! HOW COULD I POSSIBLY GET MAD AT THAT??? So, I calmly explained to them that glue will ruin walls, wood, pictures, etc. I got out the tape while the kids took down the decorations they had worked so hard on, and then we put it all back up with tape.


This is the first year that they've been able to help me blow up balloons also. Bryson blew them up with his mouth, Cory used his nebulizer machine, and I was in charge of tape. It was quite the system. Ahhh, I love my boys!!


We picked John up from school and came home to a little party. His parents and brother, Jacob came, and so did my dad. It was a wonderful low-key night. Perfect!

So, here comes the SAP ALERT!

I am so very very very grateful to be married to John. He's a good man, and I love him so very much. He's the first to jump up and help anyone, and he's the hardest worker I have ever known. Plus, he's so patient with me and all my annoying qualities. The kids adore him, he's truly their hero. Ahh, my life has been very blessed through him and because of him. Plus, he's always trying to make my job (wife, mother) easier. Just this last week he let me have a girls' night out with my good friend Sarah. When I got home, the kids were fed, bathed, and put to bed. The floors had been vacuumed, and the kitchen had been swept and mopped. Not just mopped, but he'd been down on his hands scrubbing the floor! It's a little funny to see his confusion when I'm a hormonal crying mess, but he always somehow knows just what to do. I love having him as my partner in life, just makes things so much easier, happier, more worth-while.


So, thank you, John. I love you!!! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Jana and Brett said...

Oh! I love it! That last picture of you is awesome! It's weird we are all 27 now...so old...so old. :0)

The Solomon Fam said...

Happy Birthday! Oh and I love your family photos! Cute!