Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Good thing mud is washable




When you're stuck without a cooler in AZ, you've got to get creative about how you're going to cool yourselves off.





Hey, it works for rhinos, so why not kids???





Yeah, so our swamp cooler (which I have never loved) finally gave up and stopped working, well, it works on "low", but that's all. Since we're doing the work ourselves, it takes a little big longer to fix. It's not too bad, actually, but when the kids get to complaining that it's hot, I have to come up with SOMETHING to cool em off, right? We usually do baths in the middle of the day or go to my parents house to bask in their AC, one day I cleaned the carpets (between that and the fans, it actually worked pretty well), and today was roll-in-the-mud day. ha ha ha Don't judge me.






Bryson stayed remarkably clean. I later learned that it was because he was the one throwing the dirt on everyone. Sneaky.






Gotta love being a mom.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Okay that is too cute. You know mud is supposto be good for the skin, it looks to me that you had a nice spa day! *smile*

The Regimballe Family said...

My Ryan would fit right in with your boys. Give him some dirt and a hose and he's happy for hours! Hope you get your cooler fixed soon!