Thursday, July 9, 2009

Another trip to Phoenix with Cory-son


Cory had another appointment in Phoenix with the NACD yesterday. As I've said before in an earlier post, we just love this one-on-one time together, we have a LOT of fun.
Here's Cory out in the parking lot of the building where we meet with Bob Doman, the founder of the NACD.




And here's cute little Cory waiting patiently and quietly for Bob, even after 3 1/2 hours in the car. He's such a trooper!




Cory and Bob Doman. He's been so helpful with tips on how to deal with sweet little Cory.




On the lookout





Then, as is our tradition, we went to the temple. He ran in saying he was excited to learn about Jesus. It was cute.


He had fun pushing all the buttons on the display. We also saw a video presentation about families and the Christus.

And of course, the highlight of Cory's trip to the temple: petrified wood.




We also went to Subway and Bahama Bucks. Oh so much fun.
On our way home, we hit a major Thunderstorm. And of course, we happened to be in a construction zone when it hit us, so there was nowhere to pull over. At one point I just had to stop on the freeway because I couldn't see ANYTHING out the front windsheild. There was also large hail, and I was just praying it wouldn't crack the windshield. We finally got out of it (with my knuckles white from gripping the steering wheel) and we hit ANOTHER storm. After making it through the second storm, there was an alert on the radio from the national weather something-or-other saying that there was a severe thunderstorm warning for Tucson (where I had just been), and to watch for damaging winds, large hail, multiple lightning strikes and excessive wind.
Yep, sounds about right.
All in all we had a LOT of fun, though. I love my little Cory.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

JESS! If you ever come up here with Cory again let me know and I would LOVE to meet you for lunch!! Seriously!!