Sunday, February 15, 2009

Cory

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Gosh no.

2. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? I was very suprised.

3. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 18

4. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? I threw up a few times, and John kept saying I was pregnant so I bought a test to prove him wrong.

5. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? John!

6. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? YES!

7. DUE DATE? December 14th according to the sono and Dec 18th according to the dates.

8. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yeah, but not TOO bad.

9. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? I wasn't too irratable as long as I had enough sleep.

10. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? Boy.

11. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Oh yeah. We found out at about 4 months we were having a boy, and it took me to the rest of my pregnancy to get used to the idea of not having a girl.

14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN? 50lbs. It was awful! Miraculously I lost all but about 10 within the first two weeks. (That's never happened again for me)

15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER? Yeah, Liz Lane threw one for me and the wonderful ladies of 2nd ward gave me so much stuff, a real life saver.

16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew.

17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? The pregnancy was fine, but Cory caught a viral infection just after birth. He ended up with a fever of 103.5 when he was just a few days old. They ambulanced him up to Tucson where he spent two and a half weeks there. At first they didn't know what was wrong, and he almost passed on, but on the day after Christmas they figured out what was wrong and how to treat him.

18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Sierra Vista Regional Health Center

19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? two and a half days, no joke. Of course, not all of that was active labor.

20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? My wonderful husband and talented doula, Stephanie Fritz

21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? John, my mom, and Stephanie Fritz (doula)

22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? natural

23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? All natural, baby!

24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 7 lbs 3 oz.

25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? December 21st, about 1:50p.m.

26. WHAT DID YOU NAME YOUR CHILD? Cory Joel Tilton.

27. HOW DID THE FATHER REACT TO THE NEW BABY? I think we were both pretty overwhelmed, especially with him being so sick at the beginning.

28. DID YOU EXPERIENCE ANY POST-PARTUM DEPRESSION OR BABY BLUES? I think I was just stressed with him being so sick, once we got home I did a lot better.

29. BREAST OR BOTTLE? Both. He was in the hospital, so I could only nurse during the day. It took several weeks to get the milk supply up to around the clock, then I started back to work when he was 6 weeks.

30. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST-BORN TODAY? SIX!!!

No comments: