Sunday, February 15, 2009

25 Random Things

This is from facebook, but I figured I would post it here too.

1. I was named after my great grandma, Jessica Bird Goates. Later we found out that I was also born on her birthday.

2. I enjoy doing laundry, weird, huh?

3. This July I'll have been with my husband for 10 years.

4. When I was 16 I pierced my own belly button. How stupid was I? I totally almost fainted afterwards, too. Thanks for helping, Kristi! I took it out a couple weeks later because I realized how stupid the whole thing was.

5. When I was ten, I burned my eyeball with a curling iron. I know a lot of you know this story, but I still think it's cool! If it had burned one more layer, I would have been blind in that eye.

6. I want to live on the east coast someday.

7. It's kinda eerie how fast my oldest is growing up. All of a sudden he can read - I remember learning to read, and it doesn't seem THAT long ago. I'm totally weirded out by it.

8. I just caught my 18 month old red handed drawing on the wall with permanent marker. I guess I'll be breaking out the paint after I'm finished with my 25 things here.

9. I used to think I wanted all my kids to be girls, now I'm glad I only have boys. Girls seem way too dramatic for me. Although, I do hope to eventually be able to dress up a little girl.

10. I love blogging! It's way too easy to spend way too much time on there.

11. I graduated with honors with a business degree. I love school, and hope to go back when the kids are all in school.

12. I love gardening and working out in the yard. Growing up I didn't hate anything more, now it's one of my favorite things. Maybe it's from being around boys all the time.

13. I'm totally freaked about turning 26 this year. When did I get so old?

14. I LOVE being married. My husband rocks!

15. I'm a total nerd, and proud of it. I love math, working on computers, board games, etc.

16. I love the TV show Friends, and I own the complete series on DVD. It'is the best thing in the world to watch when you're sick and can't get off your bed.

17. My newest passion is kickboxing. I love it, and am so bummed that the kickboxing class I was taking was cancelled because the instructor moved. Grrr. But now I own DVD's and do it with my workout buddy, my mom.

18. I finally fit back into my size 6 jeans because of #17 - hallelujah! Life is grand

19. Before I owned the boxer we just got, the only pet I'd ever owned and loved was a rat named Sneaker.

20. The biggest reason I love being pregnant is all the cute clothes I get to wear.

21. My pet peeve is mean people. They just annoy me.

22. I have big babies, and I blame it all on John. (He was just shy of 11 1/2 lbs) Bryson was 9lbs 8oz, Dallin was 9lbs 10oz.

23. I got an A in Calculus, oh yeah!

24. I have had all my kids without pain meds, and Dallin was born at home in our bathroom.

25. I have one eye that is nearsighted and one eye that is farsighted. I refuse to wear glasses because I'm afraid it'll make my eyes look different sizes, and I've tried and tried to wear contacts, but I have funny shaped eyes, so I just go around with virtually no depth perception. I'd recommend not driving with me.

No comments: