Sunday, September 14, 2008

My music

We got to visit my sister-in-law, Jessica, and her family up in Tucson last week for my new neice's baby blessing. It was nice seeing everyone, even if only for a short visit. She asked me to mention on my blog why I chose the music I did. thought that might be fun, so here goes:



Remember When, Alan Jackson - Besides this being a really pretty song, I like the perspective the song gives. It's easy to get wrapped up in the seemingly never-ending toddler stages, it's good to remember every once in a while that this too will end, and we will miss it when it's gone. I also just love the line "Remember when the sound of little feet was the music we danced to week to week" Yep, sounds about right, except maybe "year to year" would be more accurate. :)



Watching You, Rodney Atkins - With kids, you really do have eyes watching you at all times. And every parent knows that they pick up the good habits, as well as the bad. Just a cute song.



You're still the one, Shania Twain - A tad sappy, I know, but John and I have faced so many obstacles, and I am just so grateful that we've made it as far as we have despite it all. I love my hubby!



Home, Michael Buble - John has been working out of town for the past few months, and he's still got several months left. Luckily he gets to come home every weekend (thank goodness!!!) Everytime I hear this I think of him. Even though I am the one technically staying home, I feel like I get to "go home" every weekend when he joins us.



It's Your Love, Tim McGraw - Yeah, I guess I'm still a bit twitterpated. Once again, a tad sappy, but it just makes me so happy thinking of all the good times we've shared and all the things I have because of my loving husband.



Not a moment too soon, Tim McGraw - This is my favorite song on here because I didn't choose it. John saw that I was adding music for the blog, and he asked me to add this one. I had never heard it before, so I listened to it with him for he first time there in the dark. It ended up being one of the sweetest most romantic moments ever. The lyrics are so sweet, and if anyone knows some of our history, this coming from John is very meaningful. And it was so cute how insistant he was that I add this song. It's so great being married.


Bring on the Rain, Jo Dee Messina- After coming through some of the difficulties we've faced over the past few years, it's nice to look back and be happy with the growth that our family has made (not just in size!). I love the "bring it on" mentality, cuz you know that whatever we go through, however difficult it is, it's always for our own good.



Looking back it's funny how many country songs I have on here because I really don't even listen to country that much. I'd love to hear why other people chose they music they did!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing about the songs. It is neat to read and puts a whole different persective on them while I listen to them.

The Regimballe Family said...

Great collection of songs!