Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dallin's 1st Birthday





My little Dallin turned 1 on August 16th (Saturday). He is such a chunk of fun, I swear! We have had all my kids' first birthday parties at my parent's house, so we decided to carry on that tradition.





We had homemade pizza, which Dallin loved. (Pizza is one of his favorites since he was about 6 months old!) He of course made a mess, but that's half the fun, right?







Then, the cake...He wasn't so sure about it at first....







But he sure warmed up to the idea fast!

I know this picture is a bit frightening, but it's so funny, I had to add it!
Hmmmm....did I miss a piece?

We all had a bunch of fun watching him down the giant piece of cake. We were so sad John wasn't able to make it, he was taking his CDL test, and it ran a lot later than expected (the guy testing him was called into an emergency at work, arghh). But YAY, he passed it, so now he is a commercially liscenced driver! Way to go, we're so proud!
Dallin didn't quite get the whole gift-giving concept, but the older boys sure enjoyed teaching him about it.


I can't believe my baby is one! Where did the time go? I guess I was too busy to notice it passing. He is such a darling little guy, so glad to have him. Happy birthday, little one!

3 comments:

Quinn said...

Yay, babies turning one! Fun stuff!! Sorry we didn't get a chance to see you. Stephen and I have learned that next time we make a trip it'll be a longer one so we can actually do stuff, and see people. Happy Birthday Dallin!

The Solomon Fam said...

Wow, 1 already! He's such a cutie! He still looks like such a baby to me, and all I could think was that when Briggs is 1 year old I will already have another baby! AHHHH!!

Holmes Family said...

Wow! I cannot believe how fast time goes! It looks like he had a great day! I was also excited to see Cory began school, it's such a huge change when they are gone all day isn't it? Hope everything else is well! Take care, Jess