Saturday, September 11, 2010

A little something to remember

It makes me so sad to know that I can't remember every single precious moment with my children.  I ache to think about how much I've forgotten with the older two boys.  Shame on me for not keeping a journal!  Anyways, since I've kept a blog, I have a place now to write all the tender little memories, and I love scrolling back and looking over them.  I love seeing over time how much they all have grown.  So, here's a few little memories about my sweet little three-year-old Dallin that I don't want to forget. 

One of his new favorite words is "Awesome!"  I'll give him a treat or show him something gross - such as a bug - and he'll say "Awesome" in his little voice.

After the kids get on the bus we have some semi-alone time, since Logan is still too young to contribute to conversations.  He'll yell from the back of the car "Mom?  Mom!  MOM!!!"  Until I say "Yeah?" and he'll say, in his darling voice, "Li Luv Yloo"  Melts my heart every time.

When we have a quiet moment (yes, it does happen every once in a while) I get to pull him on my lap and marvel at how he can be so big and so little at the same time.  I tell him he's my joy.  He corrects me and tells me that No, he's my BIG joy, and I'm his BABY joy.  I was having a crummy mommy morning today (sick, tired, dirty house, daddy at school), and he did that, and it totally changed my day around. 

Thanks, son.

2 comments:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

Awwww! That's so sweet. I love the little things our kiddos do and say that make our day just a better place to be in.

Val said...

What a sweetie pie. thanks for sharing. Way to go noticing a little moment like that and cherishing it.