Thursday, October 7, 2010

Why Don't Moms Have Time?



Sorry about the small text of the article, maybe adjust your screen size to view it. 

Lately I've been trying to figure out where on Earth my day goes.  It seems like I can only successfully do one thing a day, whether it be grocery shopping, laundry (which has to be done twice a week), playgroup, visiting teaching, cleaning the house, etc. On a super-efficient day, I might be able to get two things done...maybe. I'll admit, it's a tad frustrating.  I often say to my hubby, "I don't mind doing what I'm doing, I just wish there was more of me to do it!"  This article helped me regain the perspective that is so easily lost when sleep-deprived.  It's good to have the reminder that these certainly aren't the only things I'm doing.  And yes, I know things will run more smoothly once our little one gets a little older.  And I also know that I will miss it.  :)  Ah, gotta love motherhood.  And I do.  I wouldn't have it any other way...except maybe a 30-hour day.  he he  :)

1 comment:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

I've decided that I need to be cloned so there are TWO MEs. It's the only way everything will get done and everyone will be happy. And maybe that way I can tell my clone to clean the house while I go to a spa for the day....heeheehee. I totally would do that all. the. time.

Another reason why I don't think we have the time is because Tacoma's job is NINE hours a day (as she states) and then she can go home, leave the stress at work, and do everything just fine. Our job is nevvvvvvvver, evvvvvvvvver done. And maybe that's what Carolyn tells her but I got to lazy to finish the last two columns of the article.

When we can get a moment of silence, darn it, we take it. Tacoma's life is probably full of silence where she can gather thoughts, remind herself of meetings/get togethers, make decisions on what to do for the next day, yadda-yadda-yadda.

She can take my kids for the week. She would stop complaining after the first hour of having them!

:P