Thursday, June 18, 2009

Who needs a new recipe for dinner tonight???

I'm constantly looking for new dinner ideas, especially ones that use ingredients I usually have in the house, and I found a fun one on http://allrecipes.com/ The recipe on the website had over a thousand reviews, and had five stars, so I figured I couldn't loose. It's super dooper easy, but it does take a couple of hours from start to finish.
I've never been a HUGE buffallo wing girl, but these are tasty, and the kids and hubby loved them, so I thought I'd share!
Buffallo Wings
1/2 cup flour
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup hot pepper sauce (tabasco, or whatever you have)
1 dash ground pepper
1+ dash garlic powder
oil
10 chicken wings or tenderloins (I used the tenderloins because I hate dealing with the bone)
1. Combine flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt in small bowl. Place defrosted chicken wings in a large nonporous glass bowl, and sprinkle flour mixture over, until evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for 60-90 minutes (don't skip this!)
2. Heat oil (preferably in a deep fryer, but I used a frying pan, and poured the oil about an inch deep). Place coated chicken in oil and cook until no pink in the middle, flipping over as needed (about 10-15 min).
3. Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, melt and combine butter, hot sauce, ground pepper, and garlic powder.
4. Pour sauce over cooked chicken and serve.
I didn't put the hot sauce on the kids chicken, and they enjoyed chicken fingers. Also, if you'd like a more mild sauce, you can increase the butter:hot sauce ratio, or if you like a little more flavor, vice versa.

No comments: