Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ummmm...I think I've lost it!


So, as many of you know, since the beginning of this year, I have had sick kids. We've gone through: pink eye, common cold, scarlet fever, bronchitus, strep throat, fifth disease, asthma attack, four weeks of stomach flu (on again, off again), gall bladder problems, torn stomach muscle, and even the dog got sick last week...parvo! (but she's ok now!) It's been insane, to say the least. (We're not usually this sick, it's just been a really bad streak, and we keep passing things back and forth to eachother.) Anyways, I don't generally mind too much because I secretly enjoy pampering sick people - maybe I should have been a nurse - but obviously every once in a while I get tired and a tad scattered. Well, after a few stressful, sleepless nights over the weekend, we woke up on Monday and Dallin had developed pink eye. So, call the doc, who can't see him until Wed, but don't want him to infect the rest of the family while we wait for the appointment, so I take him into urgent care. We waited for 2 1/2 hours to see the doc, and another 15-20 with the doc and getting the perscription. So, we finally get out and as we are walking towards the car, I realize I had left the car running this whole time!!! Who forgets to turn off their car???? Seriously!


I think I need a nap...

6 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my! Yes a nap or two or three may be good for you.. maybe even a break.. or some chocolate... or a kidless vacation!

John and Jessica Tilton said...

Ah, Laura, those all sound so very nice...I may try the chocolate thing pretty soon here :)

Val said...

I can understand somewhat. The other day I almost drove out of the garage with the door open (the door with the new baby Isaac), and not only that but I somehow missed buckling Claire up and noticed half way down the road when Claire was complaining about something. I think lack of sleep must have something to do with it.

The Seiuli's said...

oh man! whats a lot of sickness. i'm sorry, i'm glad you can handle it. you definitely have a gift that's for sure. i can't believe how grown up your kids are. i remember when i used to babysit little cory, wow time flies. your family is adorable.

Anonymous said...

I am SO gald I am not the only one loosing my mind. My friend and I were talking and decided that we needed a mental health day. She said that every once on a while she tells her hubby, "I need a mental health day", and then goes out with her friends. Maybe that might be good for you. Poor thing, but that is seriously funny! At least no one drove off with your car. I sure hope everyone is back to normal soon so you can get some sleep!

The Regimballe Family said...

I'm sure glad that your car was there when you came out! And I second Janessa...can all of us moms just have a mental health day?!