Saturday, January 17, 2009

Cute Blurry Pictures







We got the cutest little boxer puppy yesterday. Her name is Nella and she is six weeks old. She's such a sweetheart, and seems to be getting along really well with the whole family. Bryson holds her as often as she will let him, and Dallin is trying so very hard to be "soft" - and is generally successfull.











For Cory's birthday he got a model volcano from Aunt Carolyn. We were able to do it the other day, and it turned out to be so totally awesome! The kids really loved it!!





The package came with goggles, so Cory got those, but Bryson was all sad that he didn't have any goggles, so he ran into his room and came out with his fireman hat with a flip-down visor. They were so cute.









For Valentines Day my wonderful hubby got me a mother's ring. He was so excited when he got it, he couldn't wait to give it to me. He was so good, he even scrounged up the money to pay for it on the side, so I wouldn't have to make a budget for it. It's just so beautiful, I love wearing it. Ahh, my wonderful hubby, how I love him!! The picture doesn't really do it justice, but I'll put it on here anyway.




Grandpa Goates came over the other day, and the kids were very excited to see him, they all crawled on his lap and he bounced them around. He will be doing rockets with them on Monday since he has work off and Cory will be out of school.






I also have a couple cute kiddlette stories:
Last weekend I got the stomach flu real bad, I couldn't do much more than lay down on the couch, but of course, I've got three kids! (John was at work). I told the kids I wasn't feeling good and to be nice to mommy, but I had no idea how far they would take it. They ran into their bedroom and pulled their blankets off their bed and gave them to me, and even covered me up, then they got a pillow for me. Then Cory cooked a hot pack for me. Bryson wanted to put on a movie for me, so he put on Bob the Builder :) Cory knew that this just wasn't right, so he went into my bedroom and found a Friends DVD and put that on for me. When the kids got hungry, Cory went in the kitchen and made sandwhiches for them. They played so well together that day too, it was just a miracle. They will sure make good daddies someday!!!
Ok, and then today I asked them to go clean their room, and then I walked away. Bryson called to me in the other room and asked why he needed to clean, but Cory ansered for me. He said "Just in case someone comes over. They will think our house is nasty and stinky and that we need to get a new house. We don't want that, do we?" Gosh, those kids sure make me laugh.








4 comments:

The Regimballe Family said...

Oh, first of all, your puppy is so adorable!! Almost makes me want one. And, your kiddos are so sweet-taking care of you while you're sick. What a darling fam!

Quinn said...

I have to tell you that I'm so jealous!! Stephen and I have talked about getting a boxer for years. Obviously we can't do it till we own our home instead of renting. We're actually going to breed boxers, and do kind of like what Bro. Horner did. The money we get from puppies will go to Missionary and college funds, as long as the kids do their parts in raising them.

Its cute to see all the kids on your dad's lap. I bet he just loves 'em! I'm sorry that you've been sick, but it sure helps to have a whole team of men to cheer you up!! Congrats to John for getting that ring all on his own!! When I want an anniversary ring I'm going to have to drop hints like crazy and hope Stephen figures it out. Otherwise I might as well go get it myself. Way to go John!!

J2A2K (darth_ender) said...

We think you guys are swell. We really enjoy reading your blog and looking at the pictures. Good job on picking out the ring John! I think it's a thoughtful gift. I love all the things that represent families. It's great to see people taking pride in the ones they love. People should do it more. By the way you have a cute family. We look forward to reading more. Hey if you want you can check ours out at:

https://www.jjakfam.blogspot.com

Owner said...

Your puppy is adorable, Jessica!! It's a good thing I don't live closer, I might steal her for hugs. hahaha! Your ring is gorgeous, I can't wait to see it in person, I hope you're all over the stomach bug.