Monday, October 12, 2009

What was once our bathroom...


Over a week ago we got started on this project. We knew there was mold growing in the wall (sooo gross, I know!!) So, last Thursday, John and his dad tore everything out and bleached the crap out of the bathroom.



Unfortunately, the day after this project started our little sick streak, and so our bathroom still sits completely torn apart, but at least without mold growing in it anymore. We've put black plastic over the room and there it sits, until we can get everyone well and back to having the time and energy to finish the project.
I seriously look forward to posting some "finished project" pictures!!





Meanwhile, life at home has calmed down a bit. The kids and I are still coughing a bit, but no one feels horrible anymore, so I consider that a huge step in the right direction.




Ever since Dallin went to the hospital, the older boys have paid extra attention to their little brother. They are so sweet, including him in everything, and Dallin just eats up the "big boy" attention.



Cory lost not one, but two teeth last month. Here he is with his bottom teeth missing. He's SO BIG!!!

You can kind of see the teeth growing in behind...I foresee braces in this kids future. :(
He's holding the little box containing his tooth that the tooth fairy took later that night.


My little Brycie just isn't looking so little these days! He's completely enjoying kindergarten and writing and comes home singing the most adorable songs. He has been very clingy to me the past few days, every chance he gets he'll come and sit on my lap. I guess it's from being gone for a few days. I love the cuddles, I know my days are numbered.
As for Dallin, he's back to full-energy, but he has definately been more clingy as well. If Bryson is cuddling with me, he'll come up and say, "NO! MY moma!" I love being a mom, but sometimes I get the feeling there's just not enough of me to go around.
And here is our adorable little boxer, Nella. She's 10 months old, and still so iddy biddy. She's got a bad case of hip dysplasia, so sadly, she will not be with us much longer. Her quality of life is quite poor with her bad limp, and severe pain. Our poor little crazy girl!!!

I appreciate all of the concern that was expressed over our family getting better. I'm very happy to report that we're slowly getting back to normal. Thank you for the prayers that went for Dallin especially. I believe we had a miracle happen this past week, for him to recover so quickly, and for the condition to not be as bad as they originally thought. We are seriously very blessed.


No comments: