Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Just a little brother


Dallin has always enjoyed watching his big brothers get on the bus. He watches closely as they get up the steps, and as soon as they sit down, he waves. He waves until the bus is half way down to the next bus stop. Then he'll usually turn around and find a cool rock to play with or something.
Well, today for whatever reason, he thought he was getting on the bus too. I think he was just following his brothers (he instinctively mimics their every move), and when he got to the steps, he realized that he COULDN'T go. He turned around and looked at me, made the most pathetic little pouty face and ran to me, crying. I held him and he clung to me for several minutes, crying "Bus. Go. School." Oh, it just breaks my heart. My poor little one! It'll come, hun, just hang in there a few more years.

1 comment:

J2A2K (darth_ender) said...

Oh! Poor little guy! That is such a sad, but sweet story. I'm sure he misses having his brothers around as much as he did, but I'm sure he loves to hang out with you even more. I just hope when the time comes that he'll be just as excited about starting school! ;)What a sweet little boy you have!